Poem: Firework Blues

 (Originally November 2022)


Firework Blues


Hooray hip hip Hooray 

It’s firework night today 

A light distraction and 

fire, smoke and bangs


I’ve waited for a year

For to face my fear

To stand alone and dark

In the cold and muddy park


I look at those nearby 

I want to stand and cry

Where’s my female comfort 

Call a friend we’re taught


I’m absolutely surrounded

At the loneliness I’m astounded 

You’d think with so many people round 

I wouldn’t feel my heart so loud


Well that’s the idea anyway

I didn’t call a friend today 

I didn’t leave my safety box 

I didn’t think to check the clocks


I didn’t go to firework night

I stayed home instead felt shite

About the important women of my life

Which one’s a friend and ones a wife 


They don’t talk to me though anymore 

As I sit and cry and feel the score 

Of a childhood of horrendous pain 

Against which Guantanamo feels tame


My whole adult life reflects all this 

I thought it would be piece of piss

To make my own rules and my pain mend

By finding a woman who could me attend 


But alas, the only ones I ever find 

Are those with their hearts wrapped in a bind

Those who love just before they run 

Ready to sprint away at the starting gun


Those who don’t want to work or talk 

Those who hide and throat Chakras cork

When shove comes to push and things get hot

I end up ghosted standing on the spot


But it’s probably for the best in the end

It’s the only way I can this heart mend 

I don’t need these cowards by side 

I’m the strong one here why feel so tied 


To my past and fear of my little child

I can handle this god, though it feels wild

To be forced to weigh anchor every week 

To sail ahead and leave the fleet. 


To the last person who I thought might be a friend 

I March on t’ward bliss at my healings end

I know why this attraction is meant to be 

To help me cry and to set me free 


But it’s hard this world we create for ourselves 

Where we set past emotions on dusty shelves 

To watch Over our every attempt to prove 

That we’ve got it and we know the next move


It’s alright, though I don’t feel so free

As I feel like life’s rejected me 

One day I’ll be able to stand straight and tall

At the hand of god, with love before all.


Love,

Dan Morrell x












To support me please use the QR code:


For more information on healing and learning to connect to God, head to the totally unaffiliated: 

Divine Truth

Divine Truth - YouTube


Comments