Poem: Essence of Her

July 2023


Essence of Her


I ache for you, whoever you are.

I catch glimpses of you in young women’s bodies.

There is an essence in you that I want desperately,

To take for my own experience. 


I daydream about women. 

The idea of a woman.

My soul hungers and yearns for you. For her.

I worship the concept of the word ‘she’.

It’s quite the concept coming to realise,

How as a child I felt totally abandoned.


I know I did so based on that dark mineshaft

That exists inside of me, since I scraped back the earth.

The pull to a woman’s body that isn’t even sexual, really.

I lust to be held, embraced by a woman's essence.

To finally discover what one truly is.


What is a woman and what does one feel like?

Maybe I’ll never ever know,

Because I’m so angry with each new woman I meet,

That they run, or they duck for cover behind a sticky fog.

Not that they can ever fix my headache anyway.


With Love,

Dan Morrell x


 

Comments