Poem: Love like you

 July 2023


Love like you




Father: Let me learn to love like you

I want to  come to see them too,

So Beaut’fully clear as I know you do.


I want to feel them touch my soul,

I want to caress them with my love,

And come to hold them through and through


Please show me how to earn this state

Help me rid all darkness and all hate

I want your gentle yoke and easy weight.


Bring me what i need to see, to feel

Let me come to rest on your even keel

I want to be like you father, I want to heal!


So guide me as I open up more,

Show me the wrongs to right, I’ll clear the score,

And strive to listen as I begin my tour.


Sharing you through your great works a’sharing

Leading others where I’ve roam with your a’caring

Having faith in you gifts of me is rather daring.



With Love,

Dan Morrell x


Comments